What can a student representative do in an international PhD programme, which has students living in faraway countries?
• To be a link between the students of the PhD Program and the faculty stuff
• Go to faculty meetings to be “the voice” for the PhD students
• If any of the student has any kind of questions they can always contact the student representative
• Sometimes there are students with new ideas, but they are too shy to say it. Student representative is there to contact. He/she can present the idea to the faculty and stuff
• Last but not least, having a student representative contributes to the overall success of the PhD programme
PhD student representative starting from April 2015
Alana-Louisa Schmider firstname.lastname@example.org
Alana-Louisa Schmider holds an M.Sc. in Neuropsychology from Goldsmiths, University of London and a Double-B.A. in Media Communications and Psychology from Webster University, Geneva. She has completed exchange terms at Saint Louis University, Madrid and has gained work experience at Viacom International Media Networks, Northern Europe and Valicon Music Productions in Berlin. In addition she has a certificate in Journalism from the ‘Akademie für Publizistik’ in Hamburg. As a hobby she likes singing and composing music.